Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, finance, and project management talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
You will be responsible for managing various onboarding and offboarding processes, as well as leading the scheduling logistics and tracking for training and development programs to ensure Toptal is a superior environment in which smart, ambitious people can do their best work and grow professionally. You will work with highly motivated Toptalers to optimize people operations processes designed to enhance productivity at Toptal.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Lead onboarding logistics for new hires.
- Maintain new and existing employee data within multiple HR-related systems and trackers.
- Assist with benefits enrollment processes.
- Ensure offboarding tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage scheduling logistics and attendance for various training sessions.
- Develop effective onboarding and offboarding procedures and efficient workflows.
- Act as an ambassador of Toptal, to new hires and existing Toptalers, in all forms of communication.
- Research efficiencies for company-sponsored tools and contribute to internal knowledge-share forums.
- Provide coverage for onboarding training ad hoc.
- Monitor and suggest improvements to our Toptal intranet.
- Partner with the Recruiting Team to manage new hire data and ensure a seamless transition from candidate to new hire.
- Manage access requests for various company-sponsored tools and resources.
- Manage onboarding schedules, and develop a system of follow-up for projects, mentor assignments, and new hire shadowing activities.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack.
- 2+ years of directly applicable HR and/or Project Management experience working with cross-functional global technical teams, preferably in a tech start-up or hypergrowth environment.
- Expertise with G Suite.
- Previous experience working remotely and collaborating with remote global teams.
- Expertise with Human Resource Management Systems and a love of working with data.
- Experience utilizing Namely is a plus.
- Extreme detail orientation and an ability maintain data with 100% accuracy.
- Experience and confidence interacting with senior leadership.
- Ability to recognize process improvement opportunities and act upon them to gain efficiencies in a rapidly scaling environment.
- Excellent knowledge of employment law (both U.S. and globally).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-directed and able to manage your time independently.
- Passionate about learning and adapting to new technologies.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends on occasion to accommodate a global workforce (this is not a 9 to 5 position).
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Alisa has extensive experience as an HR leader, with a focus on developing HR infrastructure for small business and start-ups. She has a background as an educator, and specializes in coaching, developing, and motivating employees and teams. She has been with Toptal since 2015.