Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers, designers, and finance experts all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for companies requiring top-shelf talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.
You will be responsible for managing various onboarding and offboarding processes, as well as leading the scheduling logistics and tracking for training and development programs to ensure Toptal is a superior environment in which smart, ambitious people can do their best work and grow professionally. You will work with highly motivated Toptalers to optimize people operations processes designed to enhance productivity at Toptal.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Lead onboarding logistics for new hires.
- Maintain new and existing employee data within multiple HR-related systems and trackers.
- Assist with benefits enrollment processes.
- Ensure offboarding tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage scheduling logistics and attendance for various training sessions.
- Develop effective onboarding and offboarding procedures and efficient workflows.
- Act as an ambassador of Toptal, to new hires and existing Toptalers, in all forms of communication.
- Research efficiencies for company-sponsored tools and contribute to internal knowledge-share forums.
- Provide coverage for onboarding training ad hoc.
- Monitor and suggest improvements to our Toptal intranet.
- Partner with the Recruiting Team to manage new hire data and ensure a seamless transition from candidate to new hire.
- Manage access requests for various company-sponsored tools and resources.
- Manage onboarding schedules, and develop a system of follow-up for projects, mentor assignments, and new hire shadowing activities.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack.
- 2+ years of directly applicable HR and/or Project Management experience working with cross-functional global technical teams, preferably in a tech start-up or hypergrowth environment.
- Expertise with G Suite.
- Previous experience working remotely and collaborating with remote global teams.
- Expertise with Human Resource Management Systems and a love of working with data.
- Experience utilizing Namely is a plus.
- Extreme detail orientation and an ability maintain data with 100% accuracy.
- Experience and confidence interacting with senior leadership.
- Ability to recognize process improvement opportunities and act upon them to gain efficiencies in a rapidly scaling environment.
- Excellent knowledge of employment law (both U.S. and globally).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-directed and able to manage your time independently.
- Passionate about learning and adapting to new technologies.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends on occasion to accommodate a global workforce (this is not a 9 to 5 position).
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- With degrees in Human Resource Management and Adult Education and a wealth of experience building HR functions from the ground up, Jen spearheads all people operations initiatives at Toptal. Having led Learning and Leadership Development at Angie's List before joining Toptal, she specializes in leadership training, talent acquisition, performance management, and launching and scaling company-wide initiatives. As the Head of People Operations, Jen is Toptal's primary culture carrier, overseeing the onboarding process for all new hires, leading the continued learning and development of all team members, and ensuring that Toptal's values remain strong as it scales.
- Alisa has extensive experience as an HR leader, with a focus on developing HR infrastructure for small business and start-ups. She has a background as an educator, and specializes in coaching, developing, and motivating employees and teams. She has been a Human Resources Manager at Toptal since 2015.