People Operations Coordinator
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
You will be responsible for managing various onboarding and offboarding processes, as well as leading the scheduling logistics and tracking for training and development programs to ensure Toptal is a superior environment in which smart, ambitious people can do their best work and grow professionally. You will work with highly motivated Toptalers to optimize people operations processes designed to enhance productivity at Toptal.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Lead onboarding logistics for new hires.
- Maintain new and existing employee data within multiple HR-related systems and trackers.
- Assist with benefits enrollment processes.
- Ensure offboarding tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage scheduling logistics and attendance for various training sessions.
- Develop effective onboarding and offboarding procedures and efficient workflows.
- Act as an ambassador of Toptal, to new hires and existing Toptalers, in all forms of communication.
- Research efficiencies for company-sponsored tools and contribute to internal knowledge-share forums.
- Provide coverage for onboarding training ad hoc.
- Monitor and suggest improvements to our Toptal intranet.
- Partner with the Recruiting Team to manage new hire data and ensure a seamless transition from candidate to new hire.
- Respond to employment verification inquiries.
- Manage access requests for various company-sponsored tools and resources.
- Manage onboarding schedules, and develop a system of follow-up for projects, mentor assignments, and new hire shadowing activities.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack.
In the first two weeks, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Learn all HR tools and processes and begin to learn the details of multiple HR systems and their purpose.
In the first month, expect to:
- Begin to meet with team members in a variety of 1:1 meetings and working sessions.
- Confidently handle a variety of incoming requests and daily tasks.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Begin developing a rapport with team members across the organization and begin to learn about each function.
- Take ownership of People team processes, systems, and tools, including managing the regular reporting and auditing needs.
In the first six months, expect to:
*Be an operational pro, managing daily tasks, problem solving issues that arise, and introducing new innovative processes to the team.
- 2+ years of directly applicable HR and/or Project Management experience working with cross-functional global technical teams, preferably in a tech start-up or hypergrowth environment.
- Expertise with G Suite.
- Previous experience working remotely and collaborating with remote global teams.
- Expertise with Human Resource Management Systems and a love of working with data.
- Experience utilizing Namely is a plus.
- Extreme detail orientation and an ability maintain data with 100% accuracy.
- Experience and confidence interacting with senior leadership.
- Ability to recognize process improvement opportunities and act upon them to gain efficiencies in a rapidly scaling environment.
- Excellent knowledge of employment law (both U.S. and globally).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-directed and able to manage your time independently.
- Passionate about learning and adapting to new technologies.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends on occasion to accommodate a global workforce (this is not a 9 to 5 position).
- You must be an outstanding and collaborative individual contributor to succeed at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.