Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Providing a great mobile user experience is crucial to us, and we’re looking for a talented senior Android developer to help us build native Android applications. At Toptal we apply state-of-the-art technologies to build world-class applications that are a joy to use and work on.
We don’t cut corners, and we don’t make compromises. In this position, you will be working closely with best designers, back-end and mobile developers to create beautiful Android apps that are polished, fast, well-tested, and a joy to use.
We are remote-only, have no office, and fully embrace a flexible work-life balance. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
You will design, write, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable native Android code for our mobile apps. Together with the team, you will work on all phases of application development: from translating professional designs into a working app to suggesting new ideas, to make our solutions cutting-edge. You will build an extensible and future-proof architecture of the application and witness the success of it once launched.
In the first week you will:
- Join our Mobile team and begin your introduction into Toptal.
- Get familiar with our product portfolio and team structure.
- Review our detailed Toptal Engineering Documentation to become familiar with our working processes.
In the first month you will:
- Deliver your first features and improvements to the Android app.
- Participate in team meetings and take part in decisions about the future of the application.
In the first three months you will:
- Have a full understanding of the entire workflow of the app and the future.
- Become an advisor on architectural decisions.
- Mentor other engineers on Android development.
In the first six months you will:
- Have your application available to users.
- Make suggestions for improvements based on data and feedback.
- Help team to maintain speed, efficiency, and happiness.
In the first year you will:
- Have 360° understanding of the short and long-term goals of all applications you own.
- Continue driving technical and product excellence of the team.
- At least 3 years of professional native Android experience.
- Excellent understanding of Clean Architecture and design patterns and ability to apply them successfully to real-life problems.
- Good command of Kotlin and ability to write idiomatic Kotlin code.
- Experience with both UI and unit testing.
- You must have a strong record of developing Android apps from scratch.
- Ability to continuously improve code and architecture quality in line with new or changing requirements.
- Good understanding of Gradle build system is a big plus.
- Willingness to search for novel, successful approaches to challenges.
- Familiarity with popular libraries like Dagger2, RxJava2, Jetpack suite (Android Architecture Components, AppCompat, Material Components for Android, Espresso).
- Be eager to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Thrive on providing and receiving honest but always constructive feedback.
- You must be an outstanding individual contributor to thrive at Toptal.
For Toptal Use Only: #intlenglish #individualcontributorEurope #southamerica
Europe, Russia, South America