Senior Front-end Engineer, Client Portal Team
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
You will join the team responsible for developing and managing Client Portal, a product whose purpose is to deliver an engaging experience for Toptal’s clients to hire and collaborate with talent. We focus on the client experience from the moment a talent is sent to a company until the engagement ends. Our team consists of front-end and back-end engineers as well as a QA specialist.
We are a product team with a dedicated Product Manager delivering value to the end-users working closely with the business. You will have the opportunity to develop new features and improve the quality of the existing codebase.
We are working with an established modern front-end architecture (React, TypeScript, Webpack, Babel, Jest, RTL, GQL, to name a few) that is used by many other teams in Toptal. We are also building our UI using our in-house built components library, Picasso. You will have an opportunity to contribute to this library, which will have a great impact outside of the project boundaries.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Build cross-browser solutions optimized for a wide range of devices;
- Build innovative and heavy graphics interfaces that run well on desktop and mobile;
- Cover your code with tests and perform manual testing of your features;
- Review the work of your colleagues;
- As a true teammate, you continuously improve your team’s processes, brainstorm ideas, and communicate your status and progress;
In the first week, expect to:
- Begin your onboarding and integration into Toptal, and meet the mentors that will support you through it;
- Get familiar with our product portfolio, team structure, and tech stack;
- Get familiar with our front-end architecture and all the tools that we use. Learn about the processes that we follow.
In the first month, expect to:
- Attend regular meetings, like technical calls, retrospectives, and the monthly Engineering All-hands meeting;
- Start working on regular team tasks and become familiar with the business domain.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Learn and lead your first technical improvement initiative;
- Contribute to the team’s technical and product decisions;
- Settle in and get comfortable with the team processes;
- Start to receive regular feedback from your manager in accordance with the Toptal engineering growth program.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Become a key member of the team and help others inside and outside of the team;
- Contribute to the planning of large initiatives;
- Lead technical initiatives within the Talent Profile team;
- Drive improvements to the codebase and processes.
In the first year, expect to:
- Mentor and be part of the interviewing processes, to support the growth of our top-skilled engineering team;
- On-board, mentor and be part of the interviewing team, in order to support the growth of our top-skilled engineering team;
- Lead product initiative.
- 5+ years of experience as a Front-end engineer working in a React environment;
- Be a team player by unblocking your peers and avoiding solo performances;
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Be genuinely interested in technology and love to try new things;
- You should be willing to constantly learn and improve your skills to become a truly autonomous specialist;
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.