Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re reading this, we’d bet that you’re thinking like many of our Recruiting counterparts these days. In a market where Recruiters are (finally) valued the way our top candidates have been valued over the years, it probably makes sense to see what’s out there and make sure you’re in the best environment possible. We believe that the Toptal Recruiting function, recruiting for our fellow Toptal colleagues, could be that environment for you!
Our organization is in the midst of its most aggressive growth in the company history, our team has already doubled in 2021 (and is clearly still growing), and we’re looking for driven and entrepreneurial Recruiters to ride this rocket ship with us. Whether your strengths lie in Corporate Recruiting, Sales/GTM, Executive Search, Product, or Technical Recruiting, we have opportunities for Senior Recruiters to step into our team, learn quickly, develop relationships with our Executive and Senior Leadership Team stakeholders, and bring the highest caliber talent you’ve ever recruited into Toptal. Are you looking for the ability to grow with an organization? We are proud to have a Recruiting Leadership that is fully homegrown. Every one of your leaders here has recruited for Toptal (and most still are), so they understand your pain points and fight to make your life easier. Leadership isn’t in the cards for you? No problem: most of our team that has been here for over a year has been promoted, and we will have no shortage of new challenges to tackle in the coming years. Maybe one of them is perfect for you.
Toptal is an organization where Recruiting has a seat at the table. We’re highly valued by our Executive Team and we’re given the tools and resources we need to be successful. On the Toptal Recruiting team, you’re not an order-taker; you’re a true business partner, collaborating with leadership teams on search strategies, and serving as the subject matter expert to help the interview teams hire as effectively and efficiently as possible. We let you work autonomously - providing the support when you need it, but giving you the gray space to bring your own styles and influences into the teams you support. This is an opportunity to work alongside some of the best Recruiters on the planet, learning different approaches from all of the cultures and experiences our team brings to the table - there are more than ten countries represented in our Recruiting function alone! And while we’ve been fully remote since our inception in 2010, we prioritize our team relationship building. All of our team meetings are on Zoom video so you can really get to know each other, and we get together at an offsite annually so you can cement those relationships in person.
If this sounds like your idea of fun, we’d love to speak with you!
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Work with our Executive and Senior Leadership Team partners to fill the applicant pipeline with highly qualified candidates for all Core team positions at Toptal.
- Proactively source, identify and contact A-players who will thrive in Toptal roles across the globe.
- Communicate extensively with candidates over a variety of channels, explaining open positions to them and continuously assessing whether they can add value to Toptal.
- Coordinate between leaders to plan interview funnels that are in line with Toptal’s hiring standards.
- Provide interviewers with extensive background information about each candidate.
- Support candidates through the team interview process as their main point of contact and stay in touch with interviewers to collect feedback and ensure the interview funnel is executed well.
- Partner with counterparts on the People team to ensure a seamless onboarding process for each new hire.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and strategy sessions, bringing new and innovative ideas to the team.
- Communicate constantly with teams via Slack and Zoom.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal, which means a lot of Zoom coffees with your Recruiting and People colleagues.
- Attend a virtual onboarding boot camp to learn the Toptal approach.
- Integrate into the Core Recruiting team through the attendance of weekly meetings.
- Dive into our Applicant Tracking System and understand the full functionality of our tools and systems.
- Review team recruiting playbooks and processes.
In the first month, expect to:
- Understand our success criteria and start to develop your hiring strategy.
- Shadow the other Recruiters’ calls to understand how we work and develop your own Toptal pitch.
- Start sourcing for Core team roles, simultaneously building relationships with our hiring managers in order to understand the hiring needs.
- Begin introducing new candidates into the recruitment process and guide them through to offer acceptance.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Have your first candidate hired.
- Own the entire recruitment lifecycle from start to finish.
- Provide direct feedback to your team.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Develop comprehensive candidate pipelines for the rapid future hiring of high impact positions across the organization.
- Build deep relationships with key stakeholders in multiple teams to work as a true business partner helping to advance their functions.
- Coach interviewers in order to uplevel any areas of weakness and improve the overall candidate experience.
In the first year, expect to:
- Serve as a subject matter specialist relating to all areas of the Toptal recruitment process, able to independently answer questions and guide decision-making through the full candidate hiring lifecycle.
- Take on additional projects that interest you to improve the Recruiting team as a whole and help us stay on the leading edge of the recruitment space.
- 4+ years of demonstrated success in recruitment. A mix of in-house and agency is preferred.
- Prior experience serving in this capacity in a rapidly-scaling tech company (or similar environment, a place where speed is paramount without sacrificing candidate quality).
- You find candidates; you don’t wait for them to come to you.
- You are an experienced sourcer who can effectively engage top talent without leading with the name of an established brand.
- You know when you are speaking with an exceptional candidate.
- You extend offers knowing they will be accepted.
- Utilizing a meticulous attention to detail, you maintain your candidate funnels by prioritizing an excellent candidate experience. Your loops are always closed.
- You are a master storyteller and engage candidates with your energy and words.
- You are open to giving and receiving feedback and constantly want to improve.
- You are organized and prioritize your work by impact.
- You have strong opinions on what works in Recruiting and are willing to share them, but are also an excellent listener who consistently refines your approach.
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to accurately assess whether candidates would be able to perform and excel in a given position successfully in the long term as the company scales.
- A keen eye for the professional qualities needed to serve as an outstanding contributor on a large remote team.
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills. Proven track record of handling your pipeline and rapidly recalling candidate information for current and future openings.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.