Senior Writer for Future of Work
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We are looking for a Senior Writer to join our Publications team. Are you passionate about helping C-suite executives and other corporate leaders anticipate and plan for the most pressing challenges facing their organizations? If so, we encourage you to apply! The Senior Writer is responsible for producing high-quality thought leadership content for elite audiences, providing insight into topics including the future of work, finding and retaining top talent, remote and distributed teams, and healthcare. Our ideal candidate is an experienced journalist and reporter comfortable developing content related to business and talent trends, preferably remote and hybrid work.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Monitor news and trends in key industries (healthcare, consumer goods, technology, business, finance, etc.), across priority technology topics (future of work, IoT, AI, machine learning, digital transformation, etc.), for opportunities to develop content expressing Toptal’s unique point of view.
- Work closely with Toptal’s global network of top industry experts to quickly produce insightful content on these trends that demonstrates the depth and breadth of talent in our organization and captures the attention of influencers and thought leaders.
- Write interviews and profiles of thought leaders, influencers, public figures, subject matter experts, and top talent in a diverse array of fields, from business, science, and industry to entertainment and beyond.
- Collaborate with Toptal’s Social Media team to effectively distribute and amplify our perspective on these trends in a timely fashion.
- Seek out opportunities to partner with and engage well-known thought leaders and influencers who can support our efforts to build the status and stature of Toptal’s brand in this space.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Understand the fundamentals of Toptal, our team, and what sets us apart.
- Onboard onto the Publications team by working closely with the suite of resources available to you.
- Gain a deep understanding of the roles and priorities of the team and key stakeholders.
In the first month, expect to:
- Work with the Editor-in-Chief to understand what an A+ Toptal article looks like and establish processes for ensuring top-quality articles.
- Partner with the team to analyze and understand the function’s key KPIs, along with how these are monitored and impacted.
- Integrate yourself into the Marketing team.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Have built pipelines of resources to stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments, and providing intelligence to the Toptal team by reviewing relevant articles published by competitors and media outlets in the space.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Regularly produce high-quality content that distinguishes and differentiates Toptal from the competition and drives deep, meaningful engagement from our audiences.
- 8 to 10 years of experience working as a writer or journalist, producing articles and features for a top publication.
- A strong portfolio of clips demonstrating relevant expertise in writing timely, well-sourced articles on breaking and current events in business and technology.
- Significant experience working with and developing content with technical/professional subject matter experts.
- A phenomenal eye for quality and an absolute unwillingness to compromise on your standards for an A+ article.
- An outstanding ability to explain complex concepts clearly.
- A passion for learning and an interest in immersing oneself in new and unfamiliar topics.
- The ability to work independently and develop ideas proactively.
- Openness to receiving direct feedback and constructive criticism.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.