Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As the Social Media Manager at Toptal, you will build the social media function from the ground up for a game-changing, industry-defining company. You will be the keeper of quality, tone, messaging, and copy on all social channels. The content you produce will consistently represent Toptal as an elite brand. The implementation of your strategy will ensure social media becomes a revenue-driving channel for Toptal.
You will proactively work cross-functionally with team leads including but not limited to Marketing, PR, Community, and Enterprise to identify post worthy content in order to increase the volume and variety of posted social content. You will build alignment at the executive level on audiences, channels, and content strategy for all Toptal social media accounts. Through your reimagination of Toptal’s social media strategy, you will truly change the trajectory of the company.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
You will create an overarching social media strategy and workflow that will guide all future initiatives related to Toptal’s social media accounts. You will build alignment at the executive level on social media goals, measurement, brand purpose, and executing at scale. Through the implementation of your social media strategy, posts will increase in volume and there will be an engaged audience growth of at least 4x in a one year period. You will be fully responsible for increasing the overall quality of posted content. While ensuring real-time interaction with mentions, news, and social media posts, you will simultaneously implement best practices through experimentation and invention. You will effectively articulate needs to core team leads to create a variety of high-quality content. You will fully own Toptal’s paid social strategy and identify how to scale the social media function. Your ability to strategize, ideate, source, create, and schedule compelling content will ensure all social media goals are exceeded.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Assess what has and has not worked and start to develop your overall social marketing strategy.
- Meet cross-functional teams to understand how you can best work together.
In the first month you will:
- Assess the current social marketing strategy, identify gaps, and develop your social media strategy, and daily plans going forward.
- Ensure quality bar for all posts is met consistently.
- Get up to speed on current Toptal social media practices and dive in immediately to take them over (or change them if you decide to!).
- Finalize the social marketing strategy (paid and organic) and gain buy-in across Toptal.
- Take over all in-flight and planned social marketing initiatives.
In the first three months you will:
- Have created demonstrable value and measurable KPIs that help to drive revenue for our business
- Fully own all social media at Toptal; both day-to-day execution and long-term strategy. You’ll be fully accountable for deliverables and results.
In the first six months you will:
- Develop a repeatable model and playbook for planning, executing, and measuring social media content and campaigns of all types.
- Constantly test and refine your process to make improvements over time.
In the first year you will:
- Implement social media strategies and playbook at scale, building a team and taking our social media capabilities to the next level; growing our social media audience/reach by at least 50% and ensuring social media is a revenue-driving channel for Toptal.
- You must have a strong understanding of best practices across all social media platforms.
- Experience with growth-marketing and the ability to reverse-engineer social media.
- Strong understanding of the components of compelling, action-inducing communications.
- Familiarity with the technology and talent industry.
- Proven ability to manage social media accounts about 100K followers.
- A demonstrated ability to engage developers, designers, and entrepreneurs is a plus.
- Experience in digital marketing or communications at a tech startup is preferred.
- Experience at a well-known consumer or B2B brand is preferred.
- You must be a self-starter with initiative, creativity, and drive.
- Ownership. You take responsibility for Toptal’s public image.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- You must be highly detail-oriented.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- You must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- You must be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal’s Director of Operations, Dror works with teams across the company to build their strategic direction, execution frameworks, KPIs/analytics, and team structures, helping Toptal teams evolve to support and drive Toptal’s continued growth. Dror leverages in-depth experience working within a range of Toptal’s operational teams to ensure best practices are surfaced, adopted, and evolved across the company. Dror has a BSE in Chemical and Biological Engineering and a minor in Computer Science from Princeton University.