Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As the Head of Social Media at Toptal, you will be the public voice of the company on all external sites. You will work closely with core team members across a variety of roles, including the team leads in Marketing, PR, Community, and Growth. You will be responsible for growing Toptal’s brand awareness and position as a thought leader in the remote work and agile talent spaces, as well as in the broader startup world. You will be responsible for developing short- and long-term social media strategies across Twitter, Facebook, and more by learning from the expertise of leaders across Toptal. You will also be responsible for the management of social media policies, procedures, and tools for the entire Toptal organization.
- Create an overarching social media strategy and workflow that will guide all future initiatives on Toptal’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Implement new procedures and systems, including defining social media policies and engagement guidelines.
- Interview leaders across the Toptal organization on topics in remote working, agile talent, and startup growth to develop thought leadership material for social media.
- Define and measure KPIs for social media initiatives and develop strategies to improve their performance over time.
- Create, execute, and measure social media campaigns to ensure that they are carried out effectively and meet defined strategic goals over the short-, medium-, and long-term.
- Create and maintain strong external partnerships while excelling Toptal’s global brand.
- Develop and execute ways to consistently tell the Toptal Community’s stories to a broader audience.
- Contribute to weekly team meeting and strategy sessions.
- Communicate constantly with teams via Skype.
- A background or strong interest in the tech industry and startup world.
- Experience in marketing or communications roles at a tech startup is preferred.
- Experience as an individual contributor in an academic or research setting is preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- A strong understanding of the components of compelling, action-inducing communications.
- You must be a self-starter with lots of initiative, creativity, and drive.
- An exceptional eye for quality and be capable of evaluating ideas with accuracy and rigor.
- You must be able to work without much supervision and manage your time and resources efficiently.
- A strong understanding of best practices across a variety of social media platforms and a great deal of common sense.
- While a technical background is not required, an understanding of the tech/development space and a demonstrated ability to engage developers, designers, and entrepreneurs is a plus.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Breanden has been an engineer, founder, CTO, and consultant in industries ranging from aerospace to financial services to high tech. He has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University, where he was previously asked to speak at TEDxPrincetonU, giving a talk on time optimization and resource management. As a Toptal co-founder, Breanden frequently writes about scaling a hyper-growth and distributed company, and he has been featured on the blog of Tim Ferriss, The Huffington Post, and many others. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, developers, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales.
- Alvaro has worked as lead developer, ERP engineer, founder, consultant, recruiter, and BI specialist for companies such as Kenos, The Bristol Group, and The Wornick Company. His experience also encompasses working for various Brazilian chemical companies and taking part in several international projects throughout Europe. Alvaro participated in the F.I.R.S.T international robotics competition where his team, sponsored by Johnson & Johnson Brazil, placed third. As a college freshman Alvaro placed third at the Brazilian Nationals for the Microsoft Imagine Cup Competition in the Software Design Category. In high school, he was a Top 10 World Finalist. At Toptal, Alvaro combines his passion for computer science with his recruiting finesse to find extraordinarily talented and passionate developers around the globe.
- Dror has a BSE in Chemical and Biological Engineering and a minor in Computer Science from Princeton University, where he was the President of the Engineering Honor Society. At Toptal, Dror helps teams across the company scale through improved execution frameworks, analytics, and hiring practices, ensuring that team operating models evolve to support Toptal’s rapid growth. Dror also spends most of his time traveling, frequently visiting Toptalers and Toptal communities around the world.