Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
We take great pride in our software’s quality and test automation infrastructure, and we’re always looking for talented test automation engineers to help us reach the next level.
By joining our team, you’ll get the opportunity to work on any of our various projects (e.g., full-blown web apps, REST APIs, client-side apps, desktop apps), with a team of highly skilled quality assurance and test automation experts from around the world. You’ll get to use cutting edge technologies like Cucumber, Watir, Capybara, and PhantomJS every day, and you’ll play a significant role in the development of new product features.
We don’t cut corners, and we don’t make compromises—we create beautifully architected Rails apps that are polished, fast, well-tested, and a joy to use.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Maintain our sky-high quality standards.
- Develop automated tests ensuring our products behave as they’re supposed to.
- Make strategic decisions about the instruments and techniques involved in the QA process.
- Fix existing issues in addition to building new solutions.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Onboard and mentor new team members.
- You must have 3+ years of automated test development experience—preference given to candidates who have experience with large applications of some scale.
- You must have a solid grasp of object-oriented programming, databases, development, and testing methodologies.
- You must have a keen eye for detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus, but is not required.
- Experience with automated testing of desktop or mobile apps is a plus.
- Be excited about deploying to production multiple times a day and collaborating daily with your team and other groups while working via a distributed model.
- Be comfortable with iterative and incremental development.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- With multiple degrees in Computer Science, Bozhidar is a hacker obsessed with Ruby, Clojure, and Emacs. He loves solving challenging problems and building neat stuff. He's a serial open source contributor, a frequent speaker at conferences, and an avid technical blogger. At Toptal, Bozhidar is dedicated to building a world-class development team and creating superb products for all Toptal clients, developers, and team members.
- Hector has led product organizations at companies of all sizes, from 20-person startups to 100K+ employee corporations, spearheading the development of new company-defining products from concept to launch as well as significantly growing existing products. He has an Electrical Engineering & Computer Science degree from UC Berkeley and began his career in engineering roles at Cisco and Veraz Networks before transitioning into lead product positions at Wyse Technologies, Dell, Loggly, and now Toptal.
- Alexander started as a senior developer at NetCracker Technology Corp. before moving to a technical manager position, leading teams of up to 10 developers. He then switched his focus to start-ups, and, as the technical co-founder, implemented several projects from scratch. For a year he was employed as CTO at glavskidka.ru, where he was involved in both business processes and development, while building the development team and the product from the ground up. At Toptal, Alexander combines his experience in both corporate and start-up environments to lead internal technological development. Alexander has a MS in Applied Mathematics and Physics from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology and does further research in Computer-Human Interaction while completing a PhD at the Institute of Control Sciences of RAS.