Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
We take great pride in our software’s quality and test automation infrastructure, and we’re always looking for talented test automation engineers to help us reach the next level.
By joining our team, you’ll get the opportunity to work on any of our various projects (e.g., full-blown web apps, REST APIs, client-side apps, desktop apps), with a team of highly skilled quality assurance and test automation experts from around the world. You’ll get to use cutting edge technologies like Cucumber, Watir, and Capybara, every day, and you’ll play a significant role in the development of new product features.
We don’t cut corners, and we don’t make compromises—we create beautifully architected Rails apps that are polished, fast, well-tested, and a joy to use.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Maintain our sky-high quality standards.
- Develop automated tests ensuring our products behave as they’re supposed to.
- Make strategic decisions about the instruments and techniques involved in the QA process.
- Fix existing issues in addition to building new solutions.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Onboard and mentor new team members.
- You must have 3+ years of automated test development experience—preference given to candidates who have experience with large applications of some scale.
- You must have a solid grasp of object-oriented programming, databases, development, and testing methodologies.
- You must have a keen eye for detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus, but is not required.
- Experience with automated testing of desktop or mobile apps is a plus.
- Be excited about deploying to production multiple times a day and collaborating daily with your team and other groups while working via a distributed model.
- Be comfortable with iterative and incremental development.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal's VP of Engineering, Bozhidar leads one of the world's largest fully distributed engineering organizations, ensuring the growth and quality of Toptal's technical operations, infrastructure, recruiting, and training in a 100% remote environment. Bozhidar is an avid open source contributor, and prior to joining Toptal, was a top 50 overall GitHub contributor and Ruby contributor, and the #1 Emacs package contributor. He is an Emacs core committer and the author of the top Ruby lint tool, the top Clojure IDE, and the Ruby, Rails, and Clojure style guides. Bozhidar is also a frequent conference speaker, technical author, and former CTO of a financial trading platform. Bozhidar has an MA in Computer Science from the Technical University of Sofia.
- As Toptal's Chief Software Architect, Alexander is the technical leader of Toptal's 20+ core engineering teams, focusing on technical innovation across Toptal's state-of-the-art platform and associated products, including building a new programming language that powers Toptal's operational infrastructure and other architectural investments that are core to Toptal's ability to innovate. Alexander has an MA in Applied Mathematics and Physics from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology and has done further research in Computer-Human Interaction at the Institute of Control Sciences of the Russian Academy of Science.