Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Support Specialist, help promote and preserve Toptal’s dedication to providing an outstanding experience. As an individual contributor, this candidate will have the opportunity to deliver the best impression and ensure that impression leads to revenue generation. Work in a multi-functional capacity with other Toptal teams to promote a culture of continuous improvement!
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
Work with a forward-thinking, globally distributed, and fully remote team. Also, handle a high volume of inquiries via multiple channels and address all questions and requests accurately and rapidly, either independently or by pulling in other relevant parties. We expect this person to thrive in a fast-paced environment where they will continuously approach problems as an opportunity to improve!
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Become familiar with the various platforms and systems Client Experience utilizes to offer timely and outstanding support.
- Learn how clients can best be served by the different teams during their lifecycle.
- Learn how talent is sourced and empowered through the Toptal network.
- Understand how to best work with internal and external partners.
In the first month, expect to:
- Optimally and independently handle tickets and inbound calls for the most frequent requests.
- Set up a workflow for accessing information via platforms and support materials.
- Have an understanding of the platform as it relates to clients, talent, and most frequent request processes.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Learn to effectively balance tasks to ensure the highest level of efficiency and productivity.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Take ownership of representing the Support side of Client Experience within Toptal.
- Be fully confident acting as the first point of contact for Toptal for a multifaceted audience.
In the first year, expect to:
- Ensure the Toptal experience is consistently outstanding throughout all phases of an engagement.
- Continue to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- A strong history of successful customer service over a variety of communication channels. Experience over phone and email is a requirement. Experience over chat is a plus.
- To excel at this position, be upbeat and proactive.
- Ability to work without much supervision and handle time and resources efficiently.
- Excellent English interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Be an excellent teammate and understand the value of “we” over “me”.
- Be able to work efficiently while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Be flexible, adaptable, and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Be a good listener.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.