Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As a Contract Specialist, you will have the opportunity to be part of a game-changing, industry-defining company. You will increase the operational efficiency of contract completion and manage thousands of legal documents for clients and talent. Your strong attention to detail with even repetitive tasks will ensure you stay on top of all the moving pieces and details that can’t be missed. Your ability to be decisive and help push the process forward will ensure efficiency is maintained at all times. You will be a key contributor on a legal team made up of highly skilled individuals where you will have daily exposure to contract negotiation tactics as well as corporate and regulatory compliance functions.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
You will understand agreements involving clients and talent and be confident in your ability to execute on the creation of contracts efficiently. You will have a deep understanding of OFAC rules and US Tax forms and will use that knowledge on a daily basis to ensure no detail is missed as you see the process of contract completion through. You will continuously focus on efficiency while maintaining extreme attention to detail. You will work closely with the sales and talent operations teams to ensure their contract needs are fulfilled. You will stay in constant communication with your team and others who count on you on a daily basis. You will work for a fully distributed company made up of world-class individuals who are truly transforming the modern day workforce.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Obtain a deep understanding of organizational tools and processes.
In the first month you will:
- Have a deep understanding of the talent agreements.
- Begin to familiarize yourself with client agreements.
- Feel confident in your understanding of the US Tax Forms and OFAC process.
In the first three months you will:
- Become familiar with the various agreements involving clients and talent network.
- Start engaging with team members to seek out process efficiencies.
- Develop strong personal relationships with the sales team to help drive the documentation that supports our sales and talent network efforts.
- Acquire responsibility for our internal corporate and regulatory compliance.
In the first six months you will:
- Be an active team member able and willing to pitch in on workflows as needed.
- Be an understudy to more senior team members and be able to serve as backup coverage.
In the first year you will:
- Be viewed as an expert in the contract creation space.
- Continue to identify areas to improve efficiency and up the game on your team.
- You must have outstanding attention to detail.
- You must be focused on and see the importance of operational efficiency.
- You must be highly organized.
- Your positive, can-do attitude is something you will bring to work daily.
- You must be driven and self-motivated.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- The ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- Remote work experience preferred.
- You must work well with individuals across all functions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Mahiara is a psychologist and is driven in everything she does by her passion for helping others. Having worked at a variety of companies, ranging from large international corporations to local companies, she has always helped different cultures to connect and learn how to collaborate. She is proud to be part of the Toptal team that is connecting everyone around the world.
- As Toptal's General Counsel, Bill brings 20 years of corporate and private law experience as the leader of Toptal's legal team. Prior to joining Toptal, Bill served as General Counsel of Bottomline Technologies (Nasdaq: EPAY), a global business payments processing company, and as General Counsel of Plymouth Rock Assurance, a financial services and insurance group with $2 billion in assets under management. Before that, Bill was a corporate lawyer in private law firm practice with WilmerHale and Posternak, Blankstein, & Lund LLP. Bill is a graduate of Harvard and Harvard Law School and studied as a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford, where he earned his PhD in International Relations.