Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers and designers all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-shelf engineering and design talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.
As Toptal rapidly grows, there are constantly new opportunities to join the core team. As a Recruiter, you will work with Toptal’s Head of Global Recruitment to find top sales people from across the world to join the company. You will be responsible for identifying and recruiting highly qualified applicants to all open sales positions at the company, including executive-level opportunities.
You will have the unique opportunity to work with Toptal leadership to learn how a hyper-growth company scales and hires. You will communicate closely with candidates, including explaining Toptal’s core values and mission to them and seeing them through the entire interviewing process. You will be responsible for ensuring that every new Toptal hire is elite, and that the talent bar at the company remains at the highest level possible.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Work with the Head of Recruitment to fill the applicant pipeline with highly qualified candidates for all open sales team positions at Toptal.
- Identify and contact A-players who will thrive at Toptal in executive, VP, and team leadership roles.
- Communicate extensively with candidates over a variety of channels, explaining open positions to them and continuously assessing whether they would be good fits.
- Coordinate between key leaders at the company to plan interview funnels that are in line with Toptal’s hiring standards and appropriate for the positions in question.
- Provide interviewers with extensive background information about each candidate.
- Support candidates through the core team interview process as their primary point of contact and stay in touch with interviewers to collect feedback and ensure the interview funnel is executed well.
- Along with the Head of Recruitment, take ownership over the quality of incoming applicants and new hires at the company.
- Communicate information about new hires to the Head of People Operations that is relevant towards customizing the onboarding process for each new hire.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Communicate constantly with teams via Slack and Skype.
- Perfect written and spoken English, and extremely strong communication and people skills.
- 5+ years of corporate recruitment experience, preferably in-house
- Extensive experience recruiting for a variety of sales roles, specifically at the enterprise sales level
- Exceptional ability to multi-task and handle a high volume of requisitions
- Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact with professionals at all levels of an organization
- Ability to rapidly learn about internal organization structure, culture, and hiring practices.
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of information on candidates from multiple sources.
- Ability to develop an extremely strong understanding of what it takes to thrive at Toptal in a variety of roles and teams.
- You must be able to accurately assess whether candidates would be able to perform and excel at a given position successfully in the long term as the company scales.
- A keen eye for the professional qualities needed to be an outstanding contributor on a large remote team.
- To excel at this position, you must be extremely intelligent, energetic, and proactive.
- You must be a self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- You need to be comfortable with all aspects of global recruitment, and you must always be an outstanding brand ambassador.
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Previously the Global Recruitment Manager at Axiom, Rory brings over 5 years of experience in scaling companies to the Toptal team. Rory is a former lawyer, beginning her career in oil and gas litigation before moving to recruitment. She carries a JD from Baylor Law School and a Bachelor’s in Journalism from the University of Georgia. As Toptal’s Head of Global Recruiting, Rory leads the way in building Toptal’s teams and ensuring that the bar for talent remains extremely high as the company scales.
- I joined Toptal to help shape the future of work. I wake up every day excited about the work ahead of us. I view working remotely as the only way forward in the globally-connected world. I want to hire and work with the best. I enjoy connecting with people, learning new things, and challenging myself to be better every day. In my work, I channel this passion into finding ways to make recruiters more effective and improving team infrastructure through data. I value great conversation and the great outdoors. I am passionate about making the world a friendly place.
- I've spent my entire career in consulting, where I started as a developer building large-scale enterprise software. Throughout my career, I have held a wide range of roles, mainly focused on establishing markets, building client accounts, and developing service offerings. Prior to joining Toptal, I held leadership roles at Accenture, Slalom Consulting, and ThoughtWorks. I have a passion for building businesses and teams, and I was actually working on my own concept, TalentGuild, when I was introduced to the Toptal team. After learning more about Toptal, I quickly realized that I would never be able to match our platform, so I joined the team. In my role, I will be working with the Enteprise Sales team, along with teams throughout Toptal, to help grow our Enterprise business. I live in Colorado, and I enjoy spending time outside in our beautiful state, especially on a bike or on skis.