Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As Toptal rapidly grows, there are constantly new opportunities to join the core team. As a Recruiter, you will work with Toptal’s Head of Global Recruitment to find top sales people from across the world to join the company. You will be responsible for identifying and recruiting highly qualified applicants to all open sales positions at the company, including executive-level opportunities.
You will have the unique opportunity to work with Toptal leadership to learn how a hyper-growth company scales and hires. You will communicate closely with candidates, including explaining Toptal’s core values and mission to them and seeing them through the entire interviewing process. You will be responsible for ensuring that every new Toptal hire is elite, and that the talent bar at the company remains at the highest level possible.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Work with the Head of Recruitment to fill the applicant pipeline with highly qualified candidates for all open sales team positions at Toptal.
- Identify and contact A-players who will thrive at Toptal in executive, VP, and team leadership roles.
- Communicate extensively with candidates over a variety of channels, explaining open positions to them and continuously assessing whether they would be good fits.
- Coordinate between key leaders at the company to plan interview funnels that are in line with Toptal’s hiring standards and appropriate for the positions in question.
- Provide interviewers with extensive background information about each candidate.
- Support candidates through the core team interview process as their primary point of contact and stay in touch with interviewers to collect feedback and ensure the interview funnel is executed well.
- Along with the Head of Recruitment, take ownership over the quality of incoming applicants and new hires at the company.
- Communicate information about new hires to the Head of People Operations that is relevant towards customizing the onboarding process for each new hire.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Communicate constantly with teams via Slack and Skype.
- Perfect written and spoken English, and extremely strong communication and people skills.
- 5+ years of corporate recruitment experience, preferably in-house.
- Extensive experience recruiting for a variety of sales roles, specifically at the enterprise sales level.
- Exceptional ability to multi-task and handle a high volume of requisitions.
- Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with professionals at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to rapidly learn about internal organization structure, culture, and hiring practices.
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of information on candidates from multiple sources.
- Ability to develop an extremely strong understanding of what it takes to thrive at Toptal in a variety of roles and teams.
- You must be able to accurately assess whether candidates would be able to perform and excel at a given position successfully in the long term as the company scales.
- A keen eye for the professional qualities needed to be an outstanding contributor on a large remote team.
- To excel at this position, you must be extremely intelligent, energetic, and proactive.
- You must be a self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- You need to be comfortable with all aspects of global recruitment, and you must always be an outstanding brand ambassador.
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal's co-founder and COO, Breanden drives Toptal's growth by building world-class teams and operational infrastructure spanning 40+ countries to meet the talent needs of Toptal's 10,000+ clients. As a frequent writer, Breanden has published articles on leadership of distributed teams and hypergrowth company culture. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, talent, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales. Breanden has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University.
- As the VP of Enterprise, Michael is responsible for driving the rapid scaling of our Enterprise business by establishing processes, service offerings and strategies to take our business to the next level. The Toptal Enterprise team is responsible for developing relationships with leading organizations around the world, and helping those organizations leverage the power of Toptal’s global talent community. With a consulting and entrepreneurial background, through his various leadership roles at organizations such as Accenture and Slalom Consulting, Michael has worked with teams around the world, serving clients at some of the world’s largest companies.