Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Are you looking to establish a career in sales recruiting with a hyper-growth technology company? A phenomenal opportunity exists within Toptal’s Core Recruiting team. We are booming despite the current economic challenges, and our Small/Medium Business Sales and Account Management teams are driving much of Toptal’s success through new customer acquisition and account growth. We are looking for a Sales Recruiter to partner with our senior sales leaders to further build the global SMB Sales and Account Management team to enable their continued success. If you thrive in fast-paced, collaborative, start-up style environments working directly alongside senior leaders to scale their teams, you’ll thrive at Toptal. Your success will directly impact the future of our company, and you’ll have a hand in building the team that will allow us to cross the $1B threshold in revenue!
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the United States. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
You’ll build upon a strong existing foundation and recruitment strategy for Toptal’s SMB Sales and Account Management team to help them keep up with their tremendous growth and success. While most of your time will be spent sourcing and generating referrals, you’ll also select top prospects from a large pool of inbound applicants and provide an exceptional candidate experience as you guide them through our multi-step interview process. Working for the Head of Enterprise and SMB Recruitment, you’ll be paired with Enterprise Recruiters to learn the ropes of Toptal and quickly get up-to-speed on best practices within the team. You will work remotely in an entirely distributed company and participate in weekly virtual meetings and strategy sessions.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Attend a virtual onboarding boot camp to learn the Toptal approach.
- Integrate into the Core Recruiting team through the attendance of weekly meetings.
- Dive into Lever and understand the full functionality of our tools and systems.
- Review team recruiting playbooks and processes.
In the first month, expect to:
- Analyze the existing pipeline of talent for current openings.
- Establish working relationships with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Shadow the other recruiters’ calls to understand how they work and develop your own Toptal pitch.
- Begin conducting candidate screens for open positions and guide them through the recruitment process.
- Source a variety of sales professionals aligned with SMB’s active openings.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Perfect your messaging to passive candidates that result in high response rates.
- Successfully source, screen, and hire sales talent into the organization.
- Participate in the opening of new roles when applicable, involving yourself in intake meetings.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Manage pipelines of highly skilled professionals for recurring sales openings.
- Fully understand the Toptal culture and act as a brand ambassador.
In the first year, expect to:
- Own the entire recruitment lifecycle from start to finish.
- Become a solid contributor to the team’s hiring goals.
- Be viewed as a business partner and have a seat at the table.
- 1-3 years of proven experience sourcing and recruiting on high-volume technical, sales, or professional positions with a search firm or an in-house corporate recruiting team.
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of sourcing tools (LinkedIn Recruiter, Entelo, etc.)
- Skilled at crafting engaging and personalized messages to candidates with high response rates resulting in initial discussions with a full pipeline of passive talent.
- Familiar with conducting initial passive candidate “sell calls”, evaluating skills while simultaneously building interest in your opportunity.
- Diligent with follow-up and providing a white-glove candidate experience comes as second nature.
- Comfortable leading the offer process and are able to work through complex offers that include multiple compensation variables (base, commission, bonuses, equity).
- Organized and efficient, resulting in the ability to balance 10+ urgent requisitions at once.
- Mature and focused enough to balance the freedom and responsibilities that come with a fully remote role.
- Able to communicate professionally, clearly, and constantly with teams via Slack and Zoom.