Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Interested in being a key contributor on our highly skilled legal team? We are looking for a Contract Specialist to manage thousands of legal documents for clients and talent, thereby increasing our operational efficiency of contract completion! This person will have daily exposure to contract negotiation tactics and corporate and regulatory compliance functions. We are looking for someone with strong attention to detail and the ability to be decisive and help push the process forward, ensuring efficiency is maintained at all times! This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
The Contract Specialist will understand agreements involving clients and talent and be confident in their ability to execute on the creation of contracts efficiently. This person must have a deep understanding of OFAC rules and US Tax forms and will use that knowledge to ensure no detail is missed. In this role, it is important to continuously focus on efficiency while maintaining utmost attention to detail. You will collaborate with the Sales and Talent Operations teams to ensure their contract needs are fulfilled. You will stay in constant communication with your team and others who count on you every day. You will work for a fully distributed company made up of elite individuals who are truly transforming the modern-day workforce.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Obtain a deep understanding of Toptal’s organizational tools and processes.
In the first month, expect to:
- Have a deep understanding of the talent agreements.
- Begin to familiarize yourself with client agreements.
- Feel confident in your understanding of the US Tax Forms and OFAC process.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Become familiar with the various agreements involving clients and our talent network.
- Start engaging with key team members to seek out process efficiencies.
- Develop strong meaningful relationships with the sales team to help drive the documentation that supports our sales and talent network efforts.
- Acquire responsibility for our internal corporate and regulatory compliance.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Be an active team member able and willing to pitch in on workflows as needed.
- Be helpful to more senior team members and be able to serve as backup coverage.
In the first year, expect to:
- Be viewed as an authority in the contract creation space.
- Continue to identify areas to improve efficiency and up the game on your team.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Focused on and see the importance of operational efficiency.
- Bring a positive, can-do attitude to work with you daily.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- Remote work experience preferred.
- You must be driven, self-motivated, and highly organized.
- Ability to work well with individuals across all functions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.