Matching Operations Coordinator
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Matching Operations Coordinator, you will be joining and supporting a high-energy team whose job is to introduce talent to our clients around the world. You will be talking with team leaders, technical account managers, and stakeholders from other areas to ensure you support Toptal’s Developer Practice in a consistent and exceptional experience. To excel at this position, you must have knowledge management experience, including reviewing and generating technical documentation around processes, policies, instructives, and guidelines. The ideal candidate should also possess a great command of spreadsheet programs such as Google Sheets, exceptional attention to detail, and discipline to manage assigned administrative workloads.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Effectively and independently handle communication through various channels between the leadership team and other stakeholders (technical account managers, freelancers, members of other teams, etc).
- Organize the documentation repository and make its contents available for whoever needs to consult them.
- Assist with the onboarding phase for new members of the team.
- Take care of the team’s initiative tracker and make sure it’s updated on a regular basis.
- Collect and process relevant data from different sources in order to assist with generating and maintaining different reports and tools.
- Be in constant communication with your team via Slack or Zoom during expected working hours.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Familiarize yourself with the team’s tools, processes, and reporting mechanisms.
- Become proficient with Toptal’s platform.
In the first month, expect to:
- Learn about the team’s processes and policies. Familiarize yourself with the content repository and the project tracker.
- Become familiar with various teams in Toptal and understand how they contribute to the company’s success.
- Start collecting data from different sources in order to contribute to multiple reports and tools.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Take ownership of the Onboarding Process and actively participate in training instances.
- Take ownership of the Developer Practice content repository.
In the first six months, expect to:
- With a full grasp of the role, you will start making your own contributions to our strategies.
- Must have 2-3+ years of experience in a successful knowledge management role developing and reviewing informational assets, from both internal and external sources, for an organization’s strategic benefit.
- Must possess a great command of Google Sheets and Google Docs, including the ability to gather data from different sources, process it, and present it in a digestible manner.
- Project Management experience and/or a technical background is a big plus, but not required.
- Must have world-class time management skills and excellent written and oral communication. Must be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge, and learn from them. Possess a positive, confident, and determined demeanor.
- You are flexible, adaptable, and comfortable with ambiguity. You must be an outstanding individual contributor to thrive at Toptal.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.