Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Communications Specialist, you will be the first point of contact for network applicants. Your professional, energetic, and friendly communication style will engage applicants and convey to them an exceptional brand image. You will be instrumental in ensuring each new Toptaler that is added to the network has exceptional English skills. Through your thorough assessment of an individual’s communication, the team will quickly gain confidence in your ability to screen out candidates whose English is not as superb as your own. Leveraging your captivating communication style and establishing a quick connection with candidates over video calls will be critical to your success and ability to efficiently identify if a candidate is a Toptal fit.
You will work with applicants across a variety of disciplines, including developers, designers, finance experts, and project managers. Your enthusiasm for connecting with applicants and efficiently moving them along in the process or determining there is not a mutual fit will guarantee an organized process and a positive applicant experience. You understand with each interaction you have, you are the face of Toptal and have the opportunity to ensure incoming Toptalers maintain the high bar that has been set for Toptal’s brand image.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
You will ensure you have an organized and efficient process as you connect with applicants to assess their English skills. You will display the ability to self-manage your schedule and understand the importance of following through on your assigned tasks and seeing them through to completion before the assigned deadlines. You will have the ability to engage with candidates all over the world and the emotional intelligence to understand and adapt to a variety of cultural norms and nuances in communication styles. You will remain professional at all times through both your written and verbal communication and you will always keep applicant experience at the forefront of your mind, ensuring everyone leaves interactions with you with a good impression of Toptal.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Begin an extensive training where you will learn about the interviewing process.
- Familiarize yourself with the tools used for English screening calls.
In the first month, expect to:
- Finish your training with the team.
- Start conducting a handful of interviews per day on your own in order to get familiar with processes and the pace of the work.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Have a general understanding of developer and designer profiles.
- Become a confident user of the platform, interviewing tools, and resources.
- Increase the number of your daily calls so you can reach your full capacity.
- Be familiar and comfortable with internal processes and the management of your daily workload.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Have a solid understanding of all processes related to certain verticals.
- Begin an advanced training where you will learn about the screening process and additional verticals.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have a complete understanding of outlined processes for all verticals.
- Become eligible to mentor new hires.
- Your positive attitude and communication skills are something you will bring to work with you daily.
- You must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- You must have a superb command of the English language.
- Experience with and comfort conducting video calls.
- You must understand and value the importance of operational efficiency.
- You must be highly organized.
- You must have the ability to communicate with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- Experience working in the technology industry preferred.
- You must be comfortable with technology systems and tools.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where improvements are continuously being made and things are changing quickly.
- Experience working 100% remote preferred.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.