Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As the Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for working closely with Toptal’s Enterprise Sales and Projects teams to secure new enterprise clients, scope projects, and plan resources. You will be the primary point of contact for new clients, and will be responsible for delivering world-class client experiences, expanding the magnitude of our client relationships in the enterprise space, and serving as the primary escalation point for clients as needed.
To excel in this position, you should have a strong background in delivering digital products and a solid understanding of software development using Agile methodologies.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the USA.
- Work with Toptal’s Enterprise Client Partners to secure new enterprise clients by leading the preparation of client proposals and statements of work.
- Work with Toptal’s Talent Team to identify and secure resources that ensure the right combinations of expertise and skill set for each client project.
- Manage a team of Toptal project managers.
- Direct the execution and delivery of client projects as needed.
- Brainstorm and execute initiatives for new business development.
- Ensure all projects are delivered successfully and according to Toptal’s process, methodology, and quality standards.
- Manage client expectations and ensure clients provide all necessary inputs during the entire project lifecycle.
- Work with the appropriate teams at Toptal to fully resolve any client issues that may arise during an engagement.
- Build long-lasting, trusted advisor relationships with all Toptal clients.
- Work with the Toptal Projects team to handle overall project management, time estimation, and resource scheduling, including building project plans and estimating the quality and quantity of resources needed for successful implementation.
- Prepare engagement revenue and resource forecasts, timesheets and billing information, and weekly/monthly reports.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Skype and/or Slack.
- 3+ years of experience working in technology consulting or software delivery management.
- Strong understanding of technology and software development.
- 2+ years of experience as a project manager using Agile methodologies.
- A strong knack for establishing and growing strong working relationships with clients.
- Experience working with distributed teams, including the ability to work effectively as a remote member of a dynamic, distributed team with tight deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
- You must be self-motivated, quick-thinking, and able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Anywhere in the United States
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Head of Projects, Alan is responsible for helping our customers deliver strategic software projects while also becoming more nimble and innovative. He has delivered complex and mission critical technology projects in industries including Financial Services, Oil and Gas and Payments Processing. As a principal consultant at ThoughtWorks, he helped internationally recognized firms adopt Agile delivery practices and implement digital transformation initiatives. A passionate advocate of lean and Agile practices, Alan has an in-depth understanding of global delivery models, gained from 25 years of technology leadership experience.