Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers and designers all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-shelf engineering and design talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.
As the Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for working closely with Toptal’s Enterprise Sales and Projects teams to secure new enterprise clients, scope projects, and plan resources. You will be the primary point of contact for new clients, and will be responsible for delivering world-class client experiences, expanding the magnitude of our client relationships in the enterprise space, and serving as the primary escalation point for clients as needed.
To excel in this position, you should have a strong background in delivering digital products and a solid understanding of software development using Agile methodologies.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the USA.
- Work with Toptal’s Enterprise Client Partners secure new enterprise clients by leading the preparation of client proposals and statements of work.
- Work with Toptal’s Talent Team to identify and secure resources that ensure the right combinations of expertise and skill set for each client project.
- Manage a team of Toptal project managers.
- Direct the execution and delivery of client projects as needed.
- Brainstorm and execute initiatives for new business development.
- Ensure all projects are delivered successfully and according to Toptal’s process, methodology, and quality standards.
- Manage client expectations and ensure clients provide all necessary inputs during the entire project lifecycle.
- Work with the appropriate teams at Toptal to fully resolve any client issues that may arise during an engagement.
- Build long-lasting, trusted advisor relationships with all Toptal clients.
- Work with the Toptal Projects team to handle overall project management, time estimation, and resource scheduling, including building project plans and estimating the quality and quantity of resources needed for successful implementation.
- Prepare engagement revenue and resource forecasts, timesheets and billing information, and weekly/monthly reports.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Skype and/or Slack.
- 3+ years of experience working in technology consulting or software delivery management.
- Strong understanding of technology and software development.
- 2+ years of experience as a project manager using Agile methodologies.
- A strong knack for establishing and growing strong working relationships with clients.
- Experience working with distributed teams, including the ability to work effectively as a remote member of a dynamic, distributed team with tight deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
- You must be self-motivated, quick-thinking, and able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Anywhere in the United States
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Dane has over 20 years of experience leading international sales at companies such as IBM, Infosys, and Accenture, where he was the Director of Deal Execution for 9 years. As Toptal’s VP of Enterprise Sales, he is a valued business partner, accomplished negotiator, and passionate team player. Dane also has nearly three decades of experience as a Battalion Training & Operations Officer for the US Army, and is a pragmatic leader with numerous service medals won over the course of his career.
- I have worked in technology my entire career, starting as a web designer and developer when Netscape was the browser of choice. Over the years, I have held senior leadership and project roles in the Banking, E-Commerce, Energy, and Technology Consulting industries, working with large, diverse and distributed teams around the world.