Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As the Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for working closely with Toptal’s Sales and Projects teams to secure new clients, scope projects, and plan resources. You will be the primary point of contact for new clients and will be responsible for delivering world-class client experiences, expanding the magnitude of our client relationships in both the SMB and the enterprise space, and serving as the primary escalation point for clients as needed. To excel in this position, you should have a strong background in delivering digital products and a solid understanding of software development using Agile methodologies.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the United States or Canada. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Work with Toptal’s Sales Teams to secure new clients.
- Work with Toptal’s Talent Team to identify and secure resources that ensure the right combinations of expertise and skill set for each client project.
- Manage a team of Toptal project managers, Developers, and Designers.
- Direct the execution and delivery of client projects as needed.
- Brainstorm and execute initiatives for new business development.
- Ensure all projects are delivered successfully and according to Toptal’s process, methodology, and quality standards.
- Manage client expectations and ensure clients provide all necessary inputs during the entire project lifecycle.
- Work with the appropriate teams at Toptal to fully resolve any client issues that may arise during an engagement.
- Build long-lasting, trusted advisor relationships with all Toptal clients.
- Work with the Toptal Projects team to handle overall project management, time estimation, and resource scheduling, including building project plans and estimating the quality and quantity of resources needed for successful implementation.
- Prepare engagement revenue and resource forecasts, timesheets and billing information, and weekly/monthly reports.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Zoom and/or Slack.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Meet colleagues in our sales, talent, and operational teams to begin your onboarding journey at Toptal.
In the first month, expect to:
- Learn about our delivery model, shadow colleagues on existing engagements, and begin leading project pursuits.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Lead project kickoffs with teams you have built from our talent network.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Launch exciting new products for clients around the world.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have established your own go-to teams of software development professionals, established a portfolio of ongoing delivery initiatives, and learned more about digital product development than you could with any other company.
- 3+ years of experience working in technology consulting or software delivery management.
- Strong understanding of technology and software development.
- 2+ years of experience as a project manager using Agile methodologies.
- A strong knack for establishing and growing strong working relationships with clients.
- Experience working with distributed teams, including the ability to work effectively as a remote member of a dynamic, distributed team with tight deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
- You must be self-motivated, quick-thinking, and able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.