Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As an Editor for Toptal Insights, you will be responsible for contributing towards building a world-class publication from the ground up, centered around the themes of the Future of Work, High-Performing Distributed Teams, On-Demand Talent, and Hypergrowth. You will be working closely with executives, team leads, and domain experts to create in-depth, thought-leading articles, interviews, white papers, videos, and more. You will be responsible for growing Toptal Insights into the top digital publication and an authority within the growing future of work space.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
- You will research and analyze the work of leading publications that publish on the future of work, the freelance economy, agile talent, high-performing distributed teams, and hyper growth while helping to define and execute a consistent publication strategy for Toptal Insights.
- You will work with executives, team leads, and domain experts to publish in-depth research on the most important events and trends in the future of work.
- You will work with leaders at Toptal client organizations and partners (Fortune 500 executives, published authors, professors, etc) to develop thought leadership to showcase on Toptal Insights that combines their expertise with Toptal’s domain knowledge.
- You will work with a world-class team of designers and editors to ensure that all pieces published feature compelling visuals and clear, concise thinking.
- You will help define what an A+ Toptal Insights post (article, whitepaper, video, etc.) looks like and ensure that all pieces published meet this quality bar.
- You will stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments and providing intelligence to the Toptal team by reviewing relevant articles published by competitors and media outlets in the space.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Meet the editorial and design team members.
In the first month you will:
- Work with Toptal’s Sales, Operations, and Marketing Teams to strategically plan out the best ways to showcase our expertise to an audience of prospective clients.
- Complete the editing or writing of your first article.
In the first three months you will:
- Work with Toptal’s Recruiting and Talent Operations teams to strategically understand how we can further Toptal as a thought-leading organization that top talent want to be a part of.
- Continue to learn all the moving parts and ins-and-outs of Toptal processes and tools.
- See through to completion the writing or editing of four to five articles.
In the first six months you will:
- Be fully immersed and familiar with all Toptal processes and tools.
- Improve your writing, content research, and editing skills.
- Complete the publishing of ten articles.
In the first year you will:
- Have elevated your writing and editing skills.
- Be seen as an expert at blog writing, editing, content research, promotion, distribution, and publishing.
- You must be a self-starter. You will have mentors on the team to help you learn new skills, but you’re expected to define opportunities and take on more responsibility as Insights scales.
- You will not only be a writer, but also an interviewer, a strategist, and ultimately drive tangible impact for the publication.
- A personal interest/passion for the changing workforce and technology, with excitement to learn more from experts and thought leaders in the space.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with a focus on being able to distill complex, nuanced topics into understandable and compelling pieces of content; a thoughtful approach to storytelling in order to tell Toptal’s narrative of this changing workforce.
- Strong attention to detail and the drive to consistently improve.
- The ability to adhere to tight deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivation to rapidly learn new skills and expand your expertise in areas related to how to scale a rapidly growing company.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #LI-DNI
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal’s Head of Publications, Steph guides the strategy and operations of all Toptal Publications, leading domain experts in researching and creating in-depth thought leadership pieces on the cutting edge of the Future of Work, engineering, design, and finance. Steph brings in experience from her time in management consulting and scaling Toptal's very own hyper-growth design function. She has a Bachelor of Applied Science in Engineering Chemistry from Queen's University.