Recruiting Operations Coordinator
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
The Recruiting Operations team is the glue that holds the world’s greatest talent company’s Recruiting function together. One of the most wide-ranging positions our Recruiting team has to offer, our Recruiting Operations Coordinators own and manage the tools, systems, and processes that help Toptal hire quickly and efficiently at a company that is in the midst of our most explosive growth yet.
If you’ve spent any time working with Recruiters, you know that the following stereotype is mostly true: Recruiters move fast and tend to miss some (ok, occasionally, all) details. Our team counts on our Recruiting Operations Coordinators (or ROCs, as you will be affectionately referred to in this role) to catch those details and ensure that from our job postings to our offer letters, no critical information is missed. It is paramount that our potential Toptal teammates have a world-class candidate experience as they spend their time interviewing with us, and our ROCs are at the forefront of our candidate interactions. The same goes for our stakeholders - we are cognizant that interviewing is not their full-time job, so we strive to make sure that each interviewer at Toptal has a smooth experience when being scheduled with our candidates.
When you’re not interacting with our candidates or stakeholders, you get to put on the other hat that you’ll wear as a ROC - professional problem solver. Toptal has experienced 40%+ year-over-year growth for the last few years, which has meant scaling our teams at the same rate. We will continue on this trajectory for the foreseeable future, so we need to rigorously inspect every process, tool, and workflow to ensure we are capitalizing on all possible efficiency gains. If you’re the kind of person who likes to understand the “why” behind how we operate and constantly looks for better ways of doing things, this is the place for you - we’re structured yet malleable and are always looking for ways to improve.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
Reporting to our Head of Recruiting Operations, the Recruiting Operations Coordinator is a key member of our team and is instrumental in accomplishing team goals and maintaining overall organization. Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing high-volume scheduling of interviews for candidates in our recruitment process.
- Collaborating with the Recruiting team to identify what is currently working well and where organizational efficiencies can be improved.
- Partnering with Recruiters in the hiring process to create an outstanding candidate experience.
- Working closely with the People team to improve the candidate experience during the offer and onboarding stages.
- Owning and creating job postings for our internal careers page and external job sites including LinkedIn.
- Updating various reports and worksheets with critical and confidential data.
- Identifying bottlenecks in current processes and providing recommendations for strategic improvements.
- Working with external vendors to communicate the goals of the organization and find opportunities to work together to influence relationships and tools to accomplish those goals.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving day-to-day challenges.
- Reviewing candidate offers to ensure accuracy and collaborating with the Legal team to keep offer templates updated.
- Managing and assigning interviewer training to our Core team members.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn Toptal culture and standard methodologies.
- Receive training on all Recruiting Operations tools and processes including our ATS, Lever.
- Develop a rapport with our Recruiting and People team members and begin to learn the hiring processes for each business unit.
In the first month, expect to:
- Confidently handle the day-to-day interview scheduling and operations for the Recruiting Team.
- Partner directly with the Head of Recruiting Operations on projects to improve team efficiency.
- Manage our job postings on our Careers page and on LinkedIn.
- Review and correct candidate offers.
- Process new hires to pass them along to the People Operations team for onboarding.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Be introduced to our process workflows.
- Begin to learn the ins and outs of our dynamic offer templates and how to create the code.
- Handle updates to our internal playbooks surrounding processes.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Recognize and suggest process improvements.
In the first year, expect to:
- Be an operational pro, juggle daily tasks, problem-solve issues that arise, and introduce new innovative processes to the team.
- 1-2 years of prior experience working within Recruiting, Onboarding, or Operations is required. Prior experience working in Recruiting is a definite plus.
- Remarkably detail-oriented. Recruiters typically miss details - we need you to catch them.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and timely with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools. You will be interacting with professionals at all levels of Toptal, and we want you to be comfortable approaching everyone.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, perfect grammar, and command of the English language.
- Aptness to rapidly learn about internal organizational structure, culture, and hiring practices.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment. You can pivot quickly to reflect changing priorities and needs.
- Inventive. You are excited to jump in and find the solution to any problem. You speak up when you don’t know the answer but are curious to always find solutions.
- Proactive. You can see ahead of the day-to-day and thrive by putting new processes in place that anticipate the needs of a high-performing team.
- Ownership. You take responsibility for Toptal’s public image.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- To excel in this position, you should be an upbeat, bright, and proactive self-starter with drive and creativity.
- Open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.